Luxurious Whipped Body Butter
Luxurious Whipped Body Butter – SO Worth The Time & Patience
Who doesn’t love soft, moisturized, and healthy skin? What I love is being able to create super safe and customized skin care in my own home, this cuts out the confusion when choosing toxic free products in the stores.
The butters and oils used in this recipe are the perfect combination that will leave your skin moisturized for days after applying. Customize your whipped body butter with any essential oil of your choice.
½ cup shea butter
½ cup cacao butter
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup Fractionated Coconut oil
15 drops Grapefruit oil*
15 drops Wild Orange oil*
- Measure all butters and oils in glass bowl that fits your chosen pan without it touching the water. I melt them first to make sure I have the right quantity, as solid butters are far different to melted ones.
- Fill a medium saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water. Bring to a quiet simmer.
- Once simmering, sit the glass bowl over the saucepan to warm and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are fully warmed melted and combined. (10–15 minutes) Tip: Use a spatula to stir for easy cleanup.
- Once everything is combined, remove from heat and let sit for 5–10 minutes until cooled. Add desired essential oils.
- Once essential oils are added, let it rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until it has cooled and begun to solidify a little – stir to see the consistency, it should be like thick cream.
- Once chilled, take out of refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes). It will be quit firm to touch at this point.
Note: Store mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place.
Alternative oil blend suggestions:
- 15 drops Frankincense
- 15 drops Lavender
- 15 drops Bergamot
- 15 drops Ylang Ylang
These oils can be found HERE
*Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity, so we don’t recommend using them if you plan on being in direct sunlight after topical application. The personal care products that doTERRA produces, such as the doTERRA Salon Essentials®, lotions, etc., are a little different. The shampoo and cleansers are wash-off products, so there is no concern for photosensitivity there. The products that stay on, such as the lip balm and lotion, use citrus oils in small, appropriate amounts that will not cause any phototoxic harm. Because we work closely with experts on formulations, we are able to provide a safe product. Essential oils at full strength on their own are very potent, which is why they carry the photosensitivity warning.